Tags

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wider horizon

Tomorrow will be my last day working @ Millennium Associates, it was fun working for/with them. Good experience for someone like me who is completely new to the Public Relation world to have some good 3 months of first hand battlefield experience in this particular industry.

Truthfully, I enjoyed my last 3 months here @ Millennium Associates (MA). They might still be young in terms of existence (formed roughly a year ago), but they're indeed an emerging lifeforce in the local PR industry. Experienced and skilled bosses in various areas, sharp senior execs and fairly fluid yet efficient workflow, it was a good learning opportunity for me.

I've learned that simple can be a beauty as attractive as complex. Clean, sharp, direct, proper, and accurate. Easier to say than done.

Overall, I think if i am to stay in the field of Public Relation, hmmm, I can't really tell what might happened to me, but I am sure that I won't be a big success. I tried to be simplistic in my approaches at time, but... overflowing with ideas/actions could be one of my many weaknesses.

Anyway, from next week onwards, i will be "unemployed" well, a freeman to permanent employment. While, I will be working on several freelance jobs (some already secured, some still pending). Little to my surprise, if I could secure all of the prospect deals, in terms of $, I will be earning more than my current monthly wages. Additionally, it would most probably take up 2 weeks of my time only.

How wonderful?

Hereby, another quote which I somehow managed to pull it out of my rusty and web-clogged memory storage and not able to remember who said it, here you go,

" A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world."

It narrowed your view perspective and hence... refrain your ambition and sets the limitation for yourself without knowing your own limits.


That's bad for health.

2 comments:

  1. to change perspective, stand on the desk!



    Shinyi
    www.xanga.com/sychin

    ReplyDelete
  2. " A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world."

    can't agree more...

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Counter