Tags

Friday, April 18, 2008

Thin Sliced

8 years ago (maybe 9), when I first shave my hair bald (real bald, smooth & shiny), it was then I experience the wonder of "nothingness". When you have no hair, you receive more public/social attention, you have 1 less hassle to attend to (your hair!), you feels better under the hot sun and hot humid weather, and most importantly you looks intimidating!

At the age of 14-15, I really felt that it was so cool to be the one and only "stand-out" ones in the school. You could imagine that it is so easy to spot me (even if I am only a 5ft 6) during the daily outdoor assembly. Just look for something shiny, oh yea, you spotted me.

As a young, half naive and masculinely egoistic teenager at that time, I had the rebel in me to be different, I had the animal in me to be intimidating to others (outlook wise), and I had the jester in me in needs of attention. And... what's the best solution to seal the 3-in-1 deal none other than shaving my hair bald? As during the late early 2000 high school trend.. you have all your common spiky-aeroplane (fei kei tao) hair style, your goody goody center parting or 3-7 parting hairstyle, the over the ear length la la style that often got punished and cut by the disciplinarians and none.. really none (except for your occasional indian macha who shaved their head bald in due to some religious rituals) would shave your hair during that era in highschool.

Ever since then.. I would shave my head once in awhile, not just because of the attention, but really the wonder of having 1 less trouble to take care of. As I grow older, slowly adapting to the society and all, you see bald heads everywhere, it is nothing special anymore as compared to the old "high-school-only" horizon.

When I was 18 transiting to 19, I decided to grow my hair long... Long enough for me to braid and dread it. I had this weird childhood fantasy where I wanna have hairstyle like Bob Marley.


And at the age of 20 transiting to 21, I had my dream fulfilled...

However, after keeping it for 7 months, I went back to my "first love" - bald.

Throughout the years, some says I look like "Fred" the most when I am bald, some says bald doesnt suits me, some says they prefer me with a lil bit hair than none, some says they prefer my "bob marleys", etc. All in one, i receives mixed comments... Though most of them prefer my hair to be in the reign of "short"

So.. yea, instead of shaving it completely to 0, I had it thin sliced this time round.


Will post picture when i have the time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Counter