Tags

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Promises

A promise can sometimes be described as a pact, or a conceptual contract that indicates trust in action, exchange or provision between two entities. It could be a pact that render services or gift or devotes something desirable to the person intended.

A promise may also be vow or guarantee of any sorts.

There is always the argument of whether a promise would be vivid and unpractical if it isn't written down or evidenced in any form. Hence, the existence and occurrence of contracts, agreements, guarantor this, guarantor that, that has been reinforced by the legal world.

Well, little may we realized that, 80% (or more, based on my own natural observation :p) of the promises we made or granted weren't documented, and mostly are just verbal confirmation, and even more at times, assumptuous.

We made so many promises everyday, at times, not being able to remember about it all.

Have you ever remember making statements like, "I will come back to you in a minute" "I wont be late" "I will do this for you" "I will remember" "I will"

I will... How many I wills we stated every day? To be honest, I've lost count on my account. And how many of those promises we/I made, have I/we fulfilled? For your record, I believe I am below the borderline which is below 50-60%.

To some people, who possessed real good memories, a simple promise that has not been satisfied, might became the cause of begrudge, devastation, despair, or at times lost of friendship.

So, does that mean our memories at the expense of how much we can remember and recall is our worst enemy in neglecting the promises we made? To certain extend.. it is pretty vital. But it isn't the main cause.

We, are the cause. I've learnt so much through out my short but resourceful working life, where I learnt that even a promise as small and as simple as "I will off the light switch when I leave" reflects the degree of responsibility we treats life.

Recently, I have come to this realization that, those that are most slow in making a promise are the most faithful in the performance of it. They might be slow in coming to a decision, but they at least, they don't make rush promises that otherwise often would be revolved to a.. Blank promise.

Think, just think through about this.

When you think, do not spend too much time in it, just start from the beginning, follow the flow, once u reach a junction, if you can turn, turn, if you can't decide, stop.

Think about it another day.


1 comment:

 

Blog Counter